Sunday, May 06, 2007

Culture and Food

So we've been told that we need to start eating Arabic food
to start getting a taste for it. So I decided to ask an Arabic family from
my classroom for some help. Long story short, they took C and I out
to eat on their treat. It was great! They brought all four kids, told us we need kids, ordered over $100 worth of food for us to just try, and insisted we smoked Hookahs with them afterwards. Don't worry, ours were without tobacco! Here are some pictures of the leftovers that they also insisted we take home, over half of which we have no idea what to call.
Sidenote: I made a comment that night to the wife that I was not a good cook! Since then, the past two Fridays she has shown up in my classroom with a complete meal for us to try! I love it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: