Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wind, Sandstorm, Lightning, Rain, Flood


Yes people were out mudding and driving in the lake!


I love the guy riding the bike, it gets worse for the poor guy, haha!

A carnival was in town... we heard that it was hit really hard.... possibly some people lost their lives (not confirmed yet).

And now the cleanup! About 10:00p.m. last night our little town was hit by a mighty storm! We live in the desert and just don't get much rain at all, so the nights events were shocking! As rain was pouring in, the lights went off, and hail started hitting our windows. We ran into Eli's room and then sat in our middle room which has no windows. We sat there until the storm passed by and then began the cleaning up process. All but one of our rooms had water in it, with the living room and Eli's room being the worst. As we were cleaning we started to hear our little town wake up, that is right, people were out playing in the rain! Cars were driving around town honking and going through the puddles and kids were out playing, it has been a long time since they have seen rain! Today we drove around our little town to see if anyone else was hit, and were shocked to see the results. Most trees were uprooted, signs were broken, and our little desert town now had a big lake! Here are some pictures of our town after the storm!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I bet that reminded you of living in Texas! Sorry your house got flooded, but am thankful you are all okay. AAAAHHHH, the smell of rain.
Love,
Mom

Debbie Jeffers said...

These people are nuts!! (hope your friends don't read your blog) I like the guy on the bike, too. He must have really needed to get somewhere. We had a storm last night, too. Sorry no pics. Mom

Jeni said...

Wow! That's bad! I don't think I need to go riding my bike in that kind of rain. haha!!!

Debbie Jeffers said...

OK I want the picture on the top of the blog sent to my yahoo address as big as you can get it. I love it. Mamaw

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all OK! Definitely looks more like Texas than the desert!
Love,
Kathy

Jessica said...

That is amazing! So glad to see you all are OK. I think the guy on the bike beats the time I saw someone riding one at A&M in about 6" of water.
Jonathan & Jessica