Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy (late) Thanksgiving! Just in case you were wondering, yes we did get to celebrate Thanksgiving. A little different from back in the states though. We met up with some people here in our city that we have been introduced to. All are students at the same school as us. Each person was in charge of a part of the meal. I made mashed potatoes and rolls. I decided I was going to try my mom's homeade recipe for rolls, I have done it so many times in the states, so I thought surely I could do it here. Hmmm.. all ingredients here were different then what I was used to. However, rolls and mashed potatoes were a hit!

Trust me, we were not lacking in food. There were so many choices and so much leftovers.

Dessert was great! It was so nice to sit around for a little bit, tell stories, and of course talk in English for just a little while. We hope your Thanksgiving was great as well!

3 comments:

Debbie Jeffers said...

Looks yummy!! Did ya'll have turkey? The desserts really look good. I'm glad ya'll got to have a feast. We missed ya'll here. Love you both, Mom

Anonymous said...

Well, it certainly looked like you had quite a feast...the chickens looked great! And I know Corey enjoyed the mash potatoes. We had a great day and did the Santaland thing. Aubrey was totally captivated with all the lights as were the boys. We all missed you two so much, and you were in our thoughts all day. It was hard making the meal without you assisting me Rachel. Love and miss you both.
Mom

Anonymous said...

We didn't have mashed potatoes at our thanksgiving dinner! Just sweet potatoes that mysteriously lost its topping after two people went through the line