Friday, April 25, 2008

Mom and Dad come to visit!

It has now been about 2 weeks since my parents came for a visit. They were only here for about a week but it sure was a good week. It was great having them and having them see what our new life looks like over here. I would also like to say that my parents did awesome! I was so proud of how well they did! From the time my mom arrived she wanted to be able to speak to the people so she started picking up on words. She can now greet an arab woman, say thank you, and she can recognize arab numbers. If she keeps this up, she will be speaking arabic in no time!! My parents also dressed up in the local clothes and we even got my mom to buy an outfit (Dad will get his next visit!!).

Here we are after a visit with a local family. My parents ate local food, ate on the floor, and spoke with the family. I wasn't sure if my dad was going to make it after they kept insisting he eat more (a common thing over here). The family was so happy that my parents came to visit them and now they are always asking "how is Greeg and Tepy".

Of course my dad was really impressed with how fast our internet was while he was here!! Yeah right! Oh well at least he was able to do some work.


I am so glad my parents came and I can't wait for them to come back again!

3 comments:

Maston said...

I love your baby bump! You look great. Hope you are feeling good as well.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Greg and Debbie were able to come visit! I know that it did all of you so much good to see each other. And Rachel, you do look so beautiful with that little baby bump. Corey, you look wonderful, and we miss you both tremendously. Hope to see you some time in the not to distant future.
Love you all,
Mom

four:bull said...

for a very white guy, you look amazingly gulfi in those pictures.

hope to see you guys soon.