Sunday, June 22, 2008

Does anyone have any gas?

Well we have run into a bit of a problem over the last few days, well since Thursday. If you recall our stoves run on gas bottles, much like gas grills in the states. Now they are great, they last forever, about 8 months and only cost about 9 dollars to refill, but the problem is there is only one place to get them refilled, and apparently they are running a bit low. I have gone to the store at least 10 times looking to see if they are open, and they are always closed or just closing leaving me and several locals with no gas a no way to cook. Hopefully sometime the week we can get some, but if not I guess the local restaurant industry will be the one to really benefit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really...I wonder what the problem is? Gas seems to be a problem everywhere I guess. We are paying close to $4.oo a gallon, and that is just way too much! Hey....just 5 more weeks...I wonder if little Eli will be here before then????? Have you gotten your webcam yet? You don't havelong now because we want to see him!!!!! No pressure intended, just get the webcam!!!!! Love you all very much,
Mom

Unknown said...

Ha! Okay - so maybe not funny. BUT...it brought up fine memories of Bolivia! :) What Bolivians like to do...is get a group of people together with their empty tanks and block major roads until a truck comes by with more gas. I've walked over tanks and have had a few autobus adventures.

I do hope you are able to get some gas soon!