Sunday, July 06, 2008

Baby Shower for Eli

A few weeks ago (yeah I am behind) some friends from school put on a Baby Shower for Eli and I. Let me just say it was awesome! I am so thankful for everyone that came and the friendships that we have here. I believe 4 or 5 different countries were represented in the ladies that came! One of my favorite parts, as the pregnant lady, was the Ice Cream Sundaes! There were so many toppings and it really hit the spot. The hosts even put on some wonderful games for everyone to play. One of the most interesting games was trying to figure out how big my belly was at the time. They each had to cut a piece of yarn to match how big around my belly was. Luckily, I didn't take some of the measurements personally! Enjoy some pictures from the shower on Flickr!

5 comments:

The McQueen's said...

Rachel, you are such a cute pregnant lady! Oh how I wish I could have been there to play games at the shower too! Looks like fun! The youth from IL played that game at one of my showers and yes, I remember some of those wrong estimates! haha! We miss you!

Debbie Jeffers said...

Wow, what a nice shower!!! I bet the ice cream was really good, since it is so hot there. Looks like ya'll are ready for the grand entrance of Mister Eli. Can't wait. Mom

Anonymous said...

That was a nice shower and you got so many nice things for Eli! I love the booster seat. Rachel you are beautiful pregnant...but, I am ready for Eli to get here! By the way...did anyone guess how big you were? We are on the countdown sweetheart. Eli is almost here. Love you much,
Jo aka Nana who is getting somewhat impatient!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!
I hope you get to see this while it's still your birthday; I forgot about the time difference. Anyway, hope you have a great day and enjoy yourself. I was glad to hear that the house/delivery issues were resolved. I know you are anxious for Eli to be here; your parents sure are!
Have a great day!
Kathy

Efrain and Celeste said...

Congrats Rachel we wish we were their to celebrate with you guys.It is awesome to see how G provides.

Blessings,
Efrain & Celly