So this post is a little random but just wanted to blog about some things that happen over here that we have become accustomed to since living overseas! And a few pics from some recent visits.
So when our family walks in our neighborhood.... it's always fun to see what we will come home with... this time a man in our neighborhood that we met for the first time wanted to give us some of his fresh eggs... ha ha it took him awhile to come back with them, not sure, maybe they were really fresh!!
On visits, you never know what you are going to have to eat....this is a dessert... I don't remember the name of it.... its very sweet, almost like eating cotton candy..... I told my friend I felt like I was eating my sister's hair... she said they actually joke around that it is like hair! Yummy!I was excited when these two boys were born, Abdulla and Ali... I went to see Ali in the hospital but Abdulla was in ICU because of having problems breathing. What a joy it was when they were both home with their mommy and I had the opportunity to hold both of them at the same time!
Dinner.... lets say 9:30 p.m. !!!! And yes every Arab meal has to have french fries and pizza.... as well as many other yummy foods!
Karis' friend Hasan... He is one month younger than Karis... and such a sweetheart!
We had some new friends over to our house for the first time... and this is what they brought us, yummy cake!!!
Many houses come with a staircase to the roof.... why you ask?!!! So that when their kids get older and married and have kids, they can build on top of their house and the stairway is already there! Many people in our neighborhood are doing this right now... this is our neighbor's house, their son's wife had a baby and they are building on so that they can all live there!


3 comments:
What a fun post! I love all the great pictures and the fun cultural facts! I love living here and learning more all the time!
Cool post! I looooove the picture of you with the twins! That's so awesome!
Lots of fun pics and a cool glimpse of your life there.
Post a Comment