Sunday, July 08, 2012

Trick or Treat.... Arab Style

I've posted about this holiday (Garga'oon) before....! Garga'oon Eli and I were able to go again this year and experience this interesting holiday here in the Middle East. It was fun to go with our friends Morgan and Micah because it was a whole lot different than two years ago when our families went together! 

Karis didn't get to go but she sure had fun dressing up....
She saw Mommy getting dressed like this and wanted to try... sorry for the blurry pics... she wouldn't stay still!! 

Eli before the night got started.... Can we say a mini Corey! 

Micah, Eli, and Morgan with bags ready....

Ready to hit the roads.... you can see some of the decorations behind the kids... the streets were lined with these! 

Here is Eli around 10 p.m. ... fading... but eating some of his candy! 
Going through his bag contents.... lots and lots of chips and peanuts!!! 

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Such an interesting holiday...they should try it when it is cooler...like Octboer 31st!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so neat. The kids look like they had a good time...just hope Corey left some peanuts for Eli. Love the way you are updating your blog...can never get enough pictures of all of you.

Jeni said...

I was hoping you'd post pictures!! I'm so glad you got to go and have fun!!

Anonymous said...

I love Karis in her sheila!! I like to see your pictures of the kids and to see their smiling faces!