Sunday, January 20, 2008

Village Eating- Part 3

Well Rachel told you about how the girls got to eat second and how much they wanted her to eat, but let me tell you that she had the much easier part of the deal. When we ate our first real meal with them, it was a traditional meal for when visitors come to the village. In many ways it was a flattering experience, because they actually went out and killed the fattened calf for us to eat. The kicker is that when they do this they cook the lamb whole, and the eat it whole. Well the girls only get some legs and shoulders they guys get to eat the intestines, liver, kidney, eyes, and brain. Oh and the brain, it is reserved for the visitor. It actually was not too bad, thankfully everything is served with rice so the taste can be covered up. But the rest of the lamb was really good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it is good to know that you have moved on from chicken fried steak, french fries and gravy and not to forget Hytop macaroni and cheese. This is when I am very glad that I am a female! Glad that you are having such a wonderful and adventurous time...just really miss you alot. Love, Mom

Debbie Jeffers said...

Can I have ketchup with this brain? haha. What a treat. Thank goodness for rice, right? Sounds like a great trip for ya'll. We continue to be amazed at all you are experiencing. Take care and lots of love to you both. Mom

deborah jeffers said...

The whole experience sounds wonderful. Guess you will eat whatever now!
I think about you both all the time and know I'm not alone. Take care, Love Aunt Debbie